Thursday, September 13, 2012

Only The Momo- Trade Room!

Still languishing at about -2.5% on the account, having been up to +5%. Suffering from a nasty case of trigger lock as I've found myself entering orders just a split second too late as I second guess myself before the trade goes on to be an eventual winner.
It'd help if I put my finger OVER the trigger!

 Of course, the losers always get filled as they are going against the direction you are trading in...

Given the above, why try my hand at a Trading Room?!?

Well, the reasons are many :). Roughly in order of importance:-

1) Accountability/Verification- If I'm able to give entries, stops and exits live in repeated fashion and end up net profitable at the end of the week, I really ought to be taking every trade- by talking out loud and committing myself, I avoid half-ideas and concentrate on the expectancy of the verbalized trades. I want to prove to myself, in a live public setting, that my ideas are (or, as the case may be, are not!) actionable AND profitable.

2) Passing It On- Lots of people have helped me (some for free!) to be able to reach the level I'm currently at in my trading. So, if I can be of any help to somebody still trying to find their way, I'm more than happy to do so.

3) Being Social/Having Fun!- Trading is lonely and can even be boring when your setups are few and far between. It'd be nice to share some stories- trading or otherwise- while looking for those few pips.

As I've mentioned before, there is a strong element of discretion in what I do. I have little doubt about the long-term profitability of my personal approach but, apparently, enough to make pulling the trigger in a consistent fashion difficult. Number 1) will either strengthen my resolve, or show me where the holes are in my real time decision-making. I'll welcome either outcome.

PLEASE read the disclaimer before doing anything stupid!!! If you have the time/desire and feel like playing along, I encourage you to SIM trade the calls.

Due to the points covered in 1), It is very possible that I won't be taking all of the ideas vocalized. Although highly unlikely, it is possible that I may not take any of the trades.

The room will be open as my schedule dictates between 07:00 and 23:00 CET. The most active hours will likely be 10:00 to 13:00 CET - Just click on the link entitled "ENTER OTM TRADE ROOM!" at the top right of the homepage.

No comments: