Friday, February 20, 2015

Combine- Day 4.



I was particularly pleased with the first trade today. My "Daily Goal"- one of 5 daily notes that you are encouraged to keep in the community journal at TST- was " Wait, read and react with no thought of where I am for the day (until daily tgt or stp)" 5.25 pts/3 pts respectively. This was almost achieved today.

 I walked my way through the pre-trade analysis, analysing out loud, from 14:13 CET until the trigger at 14:43 and then continued the analysis through the trade with no noticeable change in pace or attitude. It helped that I had my partner with me but the whole event, from the stalking to the entry, management and eventual exit, seemed effortless.

Of course, when it was time to put on a second trade 3.5 hours later, the ole brain started whizzing through what a losing trade would mean in terms of the weeks' result and the TST stats- both of which mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

So that second trade's MFE was 3 pts. The earlier win was 2.5 pts...but I decided to put on just the 1 lot- down from the usual 5- to protect the day and week. Long-term, this won't do...but I'm treating this week as acclimatisation, so I'm happy to pay for that in lost E this time.

Later/tomorrow, I'll be posting the uploaded stats from my own spreadsheet and looking at what I learned this week by going over each trade, and the accompanying emotions, with a fine-toothed comb. Then I'll see how I might use that to move towards sharpening the edge for next week and beyond.

No comments: