Wednesday, April 29, 2009

....And The Award For "Worst Trade Of The Year" Goes To....



CHF.JPY-14:27ET....16 pip loss- But that's not the problem...

The problem was the emotional trip I allowed myself to go on. All the classic emotions: Revenge with a dose of greed (wanted to squeeze every last drop out of a move that had already met my objectives due to wanting to "catch up"...get back what was mine), desire to be proven right (about the exact low of the sell off...), stubborness in insisting that it should get down there (kept my greed-limit on the books) when price had clearly established the end of the move, greed/fear on the way back up. After all, I just couldn't give back too much of the move, could I?? (LOL!) and, finally, surrendering to the market after arriving to the breakeven area and hoping that the market would sell off again and give me another shot at booking profits.

It didn't. Instead, it blasted through my stop (which wasn't on the books as I was focusing on an exit. Should have been there to cover my back anyway). I panic-covered at what must have been the highest ask in that flush before price continued down to, and past, my target zone.

Yep. Definately the worst trade of the year!

First time I can remember reaching my target and then taking a larger stop than intended....

No comments: